My daughter was born with a lot of dark hair & I was wondering if every baby loses their "baby" hair?

If so, around what age?

ccnewell

Asked by ccnewell at 11:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they do. but it grows back!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes all of my children went from a darkish head of hair at birth..to blond fuzz in 3 mo's
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... depends on the genetics and child... my eldest lost all his dark beautiful hair after a couple weeks to a mousy brown... my second was dark and thin and after a coupleweeks lost it to be a blonde!... third son is 3 and still has his mocha brown skin, brown eyes, and daddy's Italian hair... my thrid son still has a patch of chest hair, never seen it on a baby until him, and at 3 it is lighter, but at the right angle you can see his "patch"!!! Freaky but he's my "baby"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• mine had a headfu and never lost any of it
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My daughter had a LOT of dark hair! She never lost it but is has gotten lighter with age. she is 15 months and it is about 3 shades lighter than it was a birth. But she was never bald. : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• All four of my babies kept their head full of dark hair.
    MrsBlack530

Answer by MrsBlack530 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• NO, they don't all loose their hair. Our older daugher was born with red hair and it never fell out. Our younger daughter was born with very dark hair that naturally lightened, to a light blonde by 1 year old, but did not fall out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Both my girls were born with a full head of long dark hair. Neither one of them lost any of it (besides a small patch in the back from sleeping and the hair rubbing).
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree that it depends on the family. My DS was born with a full head of dark hair (DH is Mexican and I had a full head of hair when I was born too). He's never actually lost it all. He got a little thinner along the back, but never got any bald spots. He's now 7 months and DH just gave him a haircut. I can tell it's not baby hair anymore. It feels thicker and when DH tried to gel it into a style it stayed!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011