has anyone been or know anyone who has been in the navy?

curious on how things operate, whats involved in it and how it worked out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• depends really what you do my friend joe was a firefighter for the navy 90 % of the time he was below deck doing nothing lol except emailing me lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My DH was in the Navy for over 13 years. He was a fire-controlmen(electrical engineer) and then he changed to a MP(Military Police). When you enlist you have job choices you can choose from. There is a test also that will help determine the best fit for you. The recruiter gives an explanation of what it will entail and if you will be a ship or on land depending on what you choose. You can also change jobs during your enlistment. Being in the Navy gives you the opportunity to see the world and getting a great life experience. You can be stationed anywhere in the world and be able to live in some great places. The deployments can be a hard time especially if you have a family and it is something to think about before signing on.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• ok thats what i was wondering, since i have 2 kids, i couldnt just leave, i have to be here to get ,them to school and watch them and such, so i guess the navy is out for me
    Anonymous

• My Brother is in the Navy and will retire in 2 years? He is on track to make Admiral soon! He has loved it! He had to spend six months on an Aircraft carrier in the beginning. He also moves about every 2 years or so. he has great insurance and he get special financing when buying a house. The Navy benefits are very similar to the Coast Guard from what I hear.

amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My cousin...My Friend...

My friend loves it...she has travled many places with her 2 year old son,

they have seen many things in the adventures, she loves it,

My cousin says he is okay with it...he just stands on the ship all day with a gun in his hand...for a look out...lasting 12-20 hours on his feet aday
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my dad and papa and my other grandad and my cousin know but i dont know how it works next time i talk to them i will ask them. i know my dad was on a sub and went to boot camp and had to pass a lot of test to get on the sub but it may be different know and depending on what area of the navy your looking in to if i find anything out i will post it
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2008