Would you be upset...

if your ds went to a girls bday party and they got a goodie bag with girly stuff in it? I am planning my dd bday party and it will be pink and Hello Kitty themed

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 12:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's a little odd to say you would be upset if you bought a gift and went home with what you think is "crap." The gift is about celebrating the life of that child. To expect favors is a little selfish and a poor example of parenting. It is never about your child attending. It is about the birthday boy or girl. Do what fits your budget. If parents are bummed and voice it then they have no dignity, no tact, and poor manners.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think there should be either one for each gender or unisex
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No. Its hard to do both...what I usually do is go to Iparty and buy the themed bags for the party (I have boys) then buy different bags for the girls that aren't themed for the party. Then I fill them with similar stuff - batman pencils, tattoos etc for the boys and princess stuff for the girls. All of the party plates, napkins, etc used during the party fit the theme. I just find it easier unless I get treats generic enough for both sexes. the way our parties work around here - the kids just get the bag as they walk out the door so if its not themed - they really don't know. Have fun!!
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If girls and boys were at my DDs party, the goody bags would be appropriate for BOTH girls and boys. It wouldn't be fair to stick a boy with all girl stuff, and vice versa.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• When I had my DS's last party it was transformer themed but the goody bags for the kids had unisex items in them. The goody bags were transformers but the goodies were for everyone to enjoy.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i have all girls and the boys usually outnumber them for partys but i dont do anything special for the boys since it is my dd's party
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I am thinking of tattoos, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, bookmarks and candy but it would be Hello Kitty
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I always do both. I have sons and a daughter, so I get girl and boy goody bags. But thats my preference and you can't be mad at someone who doesn't do that.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 12:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yeah I'd be a little upset if my son was invited to a party, BROUGHT A GIFT, and got sent home with nothing but girly stuff. Don't invite boys, as GUESTS if you have no intention of even giving at least a unisex party favor. Kids like party favors, and every guest invited should have a goody bag with at least a FEW items they may enjoy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I always just got unisex stuff, like in the party isles or the one dollar areas at target, like whistles, bouncy balls, vampire teeth, candy, bubbles, ...that kinda stuff
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 12:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2011