What's the nicest comment a stranger has made to you recently?

I was at the hospital to get my blood drawn the other day for sinus surgery prep and I had my daughter with me who is special needs. She was starting to get tired and fussy, and she's VERY loud vocally even though she's never spoken a word (she's two and a half now) and I was getting stressed out over her noise making standing there in line waiting for my blood draw. Afterwards some older lady who was noticing us went to leave when her husband was finished with whatever he was there for and she came up to me and said, "You have a beautiful child." Really made me feel like what I do is worth the hassle. What you say to others you might not know can really make a positive difference!

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 12:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It is sometimes difficult to remember in our daily lives how easy it is to make someone else's day. Thank you for the reminder!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh my God. That is beautiful. None of the compliments I've had recently will hold a candle.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 12:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• That is so sweet, where ever we go my dd gets comments on how cute she is!
    higgins823

Answer by higgins823 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I get compliments in RL all the time... I make it a point to "do the right thing", whether it was to alert an employeeat Costco, after the customer has left, their empty bag of dope is on the ground (so no kids get ahold of it), or to let someone ahead of us, or even tonight when we got into a conversation with an older Irishman about the difference in Vitamins....

I love my life and it brings me happiness on a daily basis! Tonight was different because I found someone that thinks like we do, where the store brand has the higher vitamin content, more pills,and cheaper rpice over the One a Days! But he thanked us over the Omega comparisons!

I think if we make an actual effort life would be happier, regardless of what we are facing, and a more positive expirience past our own
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Someone I just met told me how far ahead DS is and how amazed she was at what DS knew. .We homeschool so that was a compliment to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• After reading what you wrote, the compliment I got today about my handbag seems petty. Makes me think a bit about what truly is important in life. It is not things, but people! Thank you.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Our DD has 4 CHD ages 2 twins 7 and 13 and she runs around like crazy. Her girlfriend was over tonight for a B'rday party for the 2 yr old and told me what a good Mother my DD was, esp for all the running around she does. It made me feel really proud of her for her accomplishments, as a working Mother, not just as a Mother.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• When I was leavin Walmart the gentleman that ck the receipts tell me how pretty Iook..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I look
    smiley745

• Thanks for being so kind everyone..but please don't feel like the comments you received don't matter. I'd love to hear them! Anything that made your day better and made you smile..even a nice comment about your handbag, makes a difference and goes to show that ppl are kind. I love hearing anything positive and helps us all to feel connected more to others and that we all make a difference in others lives. Share on!
    Heathercurlz

Comment by Heathercurlz (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2011