What do u think about the names my DH & I have picked out?

Blaze Loki for a boy
Valkyrie Rayne for a girl
We want strong unique names b/c we feel neither one of us has very strong names.

Asked by MrsSmelley at 12:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• Valkyrie?? Isn't that the title of a movie about Nazi's??

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i like blaze and rayne

Answer by suhweetness at 12:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• the valkyrie is the vampire covent in twilight huh?
    my cuz naed her boy Lestat

Answer by suhweetness at 12:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We were referring to more viking type names. I can't remember the actual origin of valkyrie. We just want unique

Comment by MrsSmelley (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Mmm...not a fan of either. Sorry. I know you want unique but there is a fine line between unique and just plain weird. Not to mention Blaze would be teased probably since "blaze" refers to smoking pot.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't like any of all. Sorry.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If you are looking for more "viking" type names, you can look up Scandanavian names, and old Norse names. There are several that you will have to weed through, but you will find something you like. Thats how my husband and I found the name for our son. We're going to name him, Gunnar (meaning warrior).

I like the names Rayne and blaze.

Answer by jrturley918 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I really like your idea of going with Viking names for strength, but I'm really not a fan of the names you've chosen so far....

ooooh, jrturley918, I love the name Gunnar that you have picked out for your son !

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm not really a fan. I like jrturley918's idea of old Norse names. has nice section on Norse and Scandinavian names.

Answer by asmcbride at 6:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Not loving either. Blaze is a girls name, actually a well known stripper. Loki sounds like the white stuff around the fetus in utero. Valkyrie was a Nazi movie. Hmm..... ???? How about Traditional Scandinavian names if you like the vikings?

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2011