What women have had sterlization and why did you go under the knife and not your husband?

I am the one getting sterilized and I was just wondering what your reasons were?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Health

• I haven't but will one day so I don't get my period
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well my husband is a chicken shit but he claims he had he's done but said I should have mine tied as well to make sure we never have kids but I think he chicken out (he's deployed so there is no way for me to know if he did it)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• so my ex couldn't use the threat of forcing pregnancy on me again to control me. I wish I hadn't done it, there have been so many complications from it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I will be after this pregnancy, only because I'm most likely having a c section with my twins and my doc will do it then. In the event that I do delivervaginally then my husband will be the one to do it. Its our agreement
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I did because I had it done right after our dd was born. It was c-section so I was already open.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• in my opinion, if it's YOUR choice and you never want to have kids, then that's fine. But a vasectomy is MUCH easier and cheaper to reverse than a tubal ligation....I think men who don't do it are pansies. it's a simple 5 minute procedure...no anesthesia needed. it's much harder on the female...

oh and to the PP...you aren't going to stop having a period just because you get "sterilized"...you need a total hysterectomy for that :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I did it first because I had insurance and he didn't. I feel more comfortable with it being me. Anyway..4 years after I did it...he did it too. It never hurts to do it while we have the insurance coverage. Plus..we may not be together forever.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Because I trust Essure a lot more than I do a vasectomy since it is the only sterilization procedure to have zero pregnancies during clinical trials.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011