Plz help me.

Iam moving 4 hrs away from my ex that has custody of my son right now i get him 1st and 3rd wkend. I have custody of my daughter and he gets her 2nd and 4th wkend. so that way the kids c each other every wkend. but he wanta to change it up to him have the kids 2 wks then me have the kids 2 wks, but i cant do that its to long without seein them. but we are tryin to thin k of a better way to do this cuz if we meet half way n keep the schedule the same we both wwould be driving 2 hrs to meet half way, then 2 hrs back. and we wld have to do it every thursday and every sunday. so can anyone else cum up with sumthin better to save gas money and time, and that we wld both seethe kids equally?

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 12:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• yall cant do that with school
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• move somewhere closer see me and my dd's dad lives 14 hours apart and she only goes during the summer
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... best of luck, can only think to "bite the bullet" and do what is best for kids and do the extra foot work if moving is only thing in cards??? I'd say stay but thinking bigger things behind the scenes to cause such a move? I wish you best of luck and hope all works out... oh, and have a support network in place not just for you but kids, like family that can step up and help with slack and stress...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• the are only 1 and 2, he wont do the summer thing and, where i live me and my husband lost our jobs there is appsoltley no jobs here and nothin but drama and people that have stabbed us in the back. We have been to all the biggers citys from where i live which are all two hrs away and couldnt even find jobs or affordable houses, but where we r goin to move we already got really good jobs and nice house waitin on us, we kn o it would also be better for our relationship, i jus dnt kno wat to do.
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I did the two week thing with my ex and it is hard but all that driving is a hell of a lot harder on the kids. I say do the two weeks.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• What would work best is having a home and a small apartment. You and your ex can alternate staying with the kids and staying in the apartment. It is unfair to children to be shuttled back and forth, just because the adults can't get along.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• do you have to live 4 hours away? that's alot of time running back and forth, got to be hard on the kids, and the both of you
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 7:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If possible I would try to move back. I think 2 weeks on & off is better so the kids get to be together all the time instead of only every other weekend. That sounds awful for them. I'm sure it's rough for you but, it's better for your kids, GL
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i have a friend and they have a 50/50 thing that works for them , he has them thursday 230pm(he picks them up from school) - monday 830am (he drops them off at school) , she has them monday 230pm (she picks them up at school) -thursday 830am (she drops them off at school) they never realy have to see each other and they have equal amounts of time with the kids.
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Me and the kids father do get along and me and my husband cant find any jobs anywhere else.
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011