What would you think?

My brother in law has been seeing this girl she has a daughter. My mother in law is paying for all of us to go on vacation to Cancun. Well my brother in laws GF doesn't have the money to come with us.

She is now making him feel guilty because he is going away and he isn't bringing her. She said " I would never think of going away to Mexico without you" whooo does that?! Would you say this to your significant other?" they have been together for 7 months. I just think she shouldn't make him feel guilty. He is going away with his mother, brother, sister and our daughter and me.. he is a loyal guy. This bothers me . What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• i think he should go , she is not liking it for whatever reason and being controlling.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It would help to know how old she is - there is a big difference between young and insecure and manipulative...
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• She needs to get over it. He can't be with her all the time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• sounds like she is a tad insecure in their realtionship after 7 months she should have more trust but then again has he been with her like everyday all day since day one then she may just have seperation anxiety...but either way she needs to back off...i hate the guilty trip shit
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Its only been 7 months so I don't think she should really have a say but I can understand why she would feel a little left out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Shes probably insecure.... I think your brother needs to make it clear that it is a family trip - not some crazy spring break where he plans to have crazy nites and one nite stands.
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 1:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• she should back off it is a family trip.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• She is the same age as him 27 years old.
    Anonymous

• I think she's saying this to either have him change his mind and not go or spend the money he doesn't have to take her with him. They've only been together for 7 months. She can stay while he goes. It's family time and she's not family (yet, anyways). Even if it wasn't family only and she's invited to go, she needs to find her own money to go.
    apurpledolphin

Answer by apurpledolphin at 3:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011