Where did you find your vendors when you were wedding planning?

I'm just curious where everyone found their wedding vendors. Was it online (if so, which sites and how did you find out about them)? Was it through friends or family? Or did you see ads or go to a wedding show?

Rangerwife

Asked by Rangerwife at 1:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Friends and family.  In 1988 there was no internet.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I live in Az, and for me, I just googled whatever I was looking for at the time.. for example, wedding ceremony/receptions, and it would pull up. I also went on Az weddings magazine website, and found a huge list of others. I would suggest looking for something similar in your area! Good luck to you!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I went to a couple of bridal shows and found my caterer through that. My photographer was a friend and the DJ was through a friend of mine.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I planned our wedding myself and used the phone book to find the resources I needed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Ask your friends. If you've gone to a wedding where you like the music, get their business card or if you liked the venue or caterer get their business card. The synagogue where I got married had their own in-house caterer, so I had no choice there. I asked my friends for music recommendations and eventually found a band that we liked. They also had a highly recommended photographer that had installed special lighting in the ceiling that only he could use. So, we used him too. Getting married in the synagogue and the reception there too meant I didn't have to get a limo. But most Jewish weddings don't have limos. It's either in a hotel, synagogue or catering hall with a chapel. It will be 17 years in May since we got married.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would advice to take names from friends or family first. Then go to bridal shows. Always take personal friends and families advice first! Good luck!
    vernalea

Answer by vernalea at 9:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011