charter school

is your kid going to charter school now or next year ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We're just starting to look into. I've been told it's a great option, so we just might try.
    Rangerwife

Answer by Rangerwife at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Just like public and private, there are good charter schools and bad charter schools.

Check the qualifications of the teachers, and make sure that it is not run by a for-profit corporation, like Edison

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, we don't have any in our area. Our public school system is going downhill fast and the private schools are only for lower elementary, so we opted to homeschool. It works well for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• This is our first year. LOVE IT!! We live in Texas, so in public school all they were taught was how to pass the TAKS. We have more homework and they expect more from the students and parents. We are still struggling, but improving LOTS!! I think it is something to seriously consider. But you MUST check out the school first. They are not all the same.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't think a child should go to a charter school until high school. It depends on the reason for having a child go.
    I went to a charter for high school after my freshman year in a nomarl school. I hated the nomarl school becuase all the teacher believed and told me many times I was just like my oler brother, so to prove a point I failed all my classes (yes, not the smartest thing on my part and I did bring up my grade).
    Once, I went to the charter school I finished ealry and was able to work.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011