What should I do? Please read!!!!!!!!!!

This is kind of long but I will try to make it short. I just separated on the 1st of this month. My stbx just moved out of the house, and I had my first emergency in the house (there was hot water coming out of one of the facets and I didn't know what to do) I called the landlord two times and he never answer. This happened around 9:30pm last night, and when we first moved to the house the landlord told us that if we ever need anything to call the neighbor. I called him to ask him if he could come and fix my problem and he did. In 8 months, I have seen him at the most 4 times and one of those time the landlord brought him in to help us set the cables on the tv. Well, he fixed the problem and I thank him and he goes just call me whenever you need anything. I say, if there is anything I can do just let me know. (He is married and with three girls). He goes, well I really need a favor can you help me? I guess I am too innocent, I say sure, I never though he was going to say what he said. My wife is pregnant and she is rejecting me and I really need to have sex with someone, would you help me? I said WHAT? yeah, help me out, I know you are alone, we can help each other. I freak out and I didn't know what to do, so I just remain calm and told him there was no way I was going to do something like that. He insisted and finally decided to leave, and at the door he said just call me if you need anything. (Sure will, idiot). Now my question to you ladies. What should I do? should I just drop it? Tell my x? Tell his wife? make a police report??Please, I am really scare that he is my neighbor and he knows I am alone with my children. Sorry, I didn't know in which category to put my question. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you did the right thing. If you have a good relationship with your landlord I would say let them know you need another person to contact if something else happens. Your neighbor is a freak and I would keep an eye out for him.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• change the combination of your locks, too, you donĀ“t know if the landlord might have given him a key in the past!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Thank you Noosa. This morning the landlord came and I told him that I didn't want to make a big deal out of this but I didn't want him in my house any more. He goes, did he acted funny? I said, well he is a man and I am a single mom.
    He gave me a different phone number to contact in case I need anything again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Some guys just think with his little head I don't think its a big threat to you or your children because if it was he would have done that day for what he said as crazy as he sounded seems that he thought that you might be needing sex as much as he did and by you knowing that he is married you would not ask him for anything more than sex, if he ask again tell him not to ask you or even talk to you because his wife will know about it and he will avoid you like the plague, if you don't have the money to look for a contractor the home depot website has a lots of DIY and also free workshops on the stores for emergencies its good to learn how to get stuff done and tell your landlord that its his responsibility to make repairs and that you want to use someone else besides the neighbor and let him know what happened.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Tell his wife b/c as a wife I would like to know something like that but don't call the police unless he is like forceful or creepy like that. Telling his wife is the best bet I'd say. If you tell your stbx it's kinda be like saying you need HIM haha! and I don't neccessarily think you want that.
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 1:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think you must leave him and never call him again. he is so rude man. choose another person to help you, not him. but i think if you tell his wife, he may bother you more.
    Sara340

Answer by Sara340 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'd tell my stbx and my landlord AND his wife

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Maybe tell the landlord. But not his wife. One, she WILL NOT believe you. She won't, she is pregnant with his fourth child, and you are some newly single woman living there. For her sake, for her stress level, and to totally keep peace in the complex you are living is, I would keep it to myself. Unless it happens again!! These things don't usually work out when you tell a friend their man did that, it definately won't with a strangers.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i would tell the land lord ask for new # to call and start looking for new place to live, thats creepy and not someone i would want to live next door to
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• omg, thats totally creepy! seeing as this was the first time i would tell someone, like your mom or bf or sister, just to have it documented with someone. depending on your situation it may not be possible to move easily. you are alone and i wouldnt make enemies at this point. if anything were to happen again i would call the landlord and the police for harrassment. but from now on find a handy man in the phone book or something for emergencies. dont call this guy for any reason!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011