Im sorry if this is a stupid question but i am seriously looking for answers. Can someone please tell me, How i know if i am ovulating or not? If there is a website to help please include that as well. I am trying to have a baby and havent had any luck. This is my nxt step (checking to be sure i am ovulating correctly).. Thanks in advance ladies!!!

Tryin4GodsAngel

Asked by Tryin4GodsAngel at 2:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• usually if you take your temp your temp elevates when you are ovulating. You also have a slight "fruity" smell from your vaginal area. I hope this can help but I know there are probably other ways to tell.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/understandingovulation.html GL to you
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• With the tempature thing you need to do it daily so that you know exactly what your normal is. But honestly the easiest thing for you would be to buy an ovulation kit from walmart. If I remember right they are about the same price as a pregnancy test and it's super easy. GL!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I always have pain either in the left or right side. That tells me when i am ovulating. It its my left ovary, my left side will hurt.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My doctor told me that because I was never getting my period that I was not ovulating. She said if you don't ovulate you wont get your period. But thats me and my doctor. My OBGYN told me that if your not ovulating ovulation kits are a waste of money. Put a call into your doctor! We wasted 4 months "waiting" for AF.
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 9:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• get yourself an account with fertility friend here. follow the link below. It has alot of tutorials. Take your temp first thing in the morning at the same before talking or getting up or anything. Your resting temperature will rise after ovulation. Its pretty neat. Also cervical mucus is another sign. Egg white texture is fertile cervical mucus.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/323e9f/rss1124.xml
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 8:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

The only way to confirm ovulation and know for SURE that you are ovulating and when it to chart.

Also a temperture rise means you've ALREADY ovulated and it's too late to TTC by then SO you need to chart cervical mucus and cervical position.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thanks ladies i really do appreciate it. I will be trying all of you ladies suggestions, soon as i can :)
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Comment by Tryin4GodsAngel (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2011