Do you still stuff Christmas stockings even after the children are grown.

All the girls are grown with careers and out of the home. Sometimes they come home for the holidays and on Christmas if they are waking up Christmas at my home Santa leaves a stuffed stocking for them. What do you think?

nadebabe

Asked by nadebabe at 5:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm 37 and my parents still stuff stocking for us, lol!! My DD is 13 and I will be stuffing one for her (she knows the "santa" details, unfortunately). I probably always will stuff one for her.
    imamom95

Answer by imamom95 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We have Christmas dinner at my MIL's house. She stuff's stockings for everyone. The oldest of her children is 53.....The oldest grandchild is 32........LOL
    We've started helping though because she has 24 stockings on her mantle : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Oh I'll probably always fill my kids' stockings -- even when they're grown and it just ends up being gift certif's or something like that. (And I'll probably add in some homemade goodies like their favorite foods, etc.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 6:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If they come home for Christmas Day, then yes I stuff a stocking for them. I even stuff a stocking for my grandson.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 6:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My oldest tep son is 18 this year. Oh how he has grown!! I would but he hasn't come for Christmas for the last 3 years. Even if they came around New Years I would, but most of the time he doesn't come until around easter far too long for me to have a candy filled stocking out in the open for my 2 year old to get into.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes I do, he really loves it
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I still get one. I'm married, in my 30's, and have a child of my own. Santa loves everyone.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My 3 are grown ups.. and 2 are in the military. I love giving them stockings. I agree with froqdawq, Santa loves everyone ( ok, maybe not everyone)lol.. My dear sweet mom, gone almost a year this Jan. and i miss her more than i can express. i'm the oldest of 7 siblings. I miss her giving us our Christmas Stockings. We grew up, poor of money, but rich of love... (mom raised us all on her own). I remember our stockings always had nuts, fruit a orange, or apple underware,socks and candy cane. The boys got little cars,girls got jacks, we got jump ropes, and boys got wooden paddles with ball attached.crayons, coloring books. Us kids could never understand how mom could get us all this. And i will never stop giving my kids, Stockings are for every child, and we are all kids in Santa hearts. And i can hear her, say with in my heart don't you forget them Christmas Stockings for them kids!!
    scrappnmomma

Answer by scrappnmomma at 12:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh, definately! Now I just do it for the BF's too. I still put up b-day decorations, all that, easter baskets, etc. My kids are 21, 19, 15 and 19mth old grand daughter.
    Peggy1984

Answer by Peggy1984 at 3:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes! my kids are grown. they dont always get to come home (my home) for the holidays..so i stuff stockings and send them to them in the mail. Its just fun. usually not expensive, just a little "I love you" no grand kids yet...so i can still spoil my children and their spouses...just a little, not a lot. that way i can still have plently for when the g-kids do arrive....thats when the fun begins ive been told. Have fun, its christmas...do what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2008