I have had what I could of a talk with my 11 year old daughter. (she is emotionally at the level of a 4-5 year old)... Regardless of her actual age vs her virtual age, her body is making the changes.
Lately she's been complaining on what sounds to me like cramps. It has been a very long time since I had my first period (I still swear to this day it was when I was 10--so at most 20 years).
My husband suggested we go buy pads for her (just in case).. and I know I have to make that talk with her again.
So I was wondering....
1. Has your child started her cycle yet and if so at what age.
2. Was it difficult for you, was there anxiety involved or was it easy for you to have that talk.
3. How would you approach the situation yourself... What would you say and how would you say it.
4. Did it all turn out okay on your end.
The reason I ask is cause, I don't know exactly how to approach it. I have no idea what to say, what to do...
I mean, I think my husband's suggestion of putting a maxi pad in her backpack 'just in case' is a good idea.
Some of what I tried to discuss with her last year did stick because she expressed to me her anxiety over having a male teacher and what if 'it' happens.
I just well. ... I'm not sure, I'm probably more nervous/apprehensive about the whole thing because as much as she's a pain in my booty at times... I do very much care for and love he.
I chose her more than one time..
1. When I got pregnant with her my EX husband wanted me to "get rid of it", and I said hells to the no.. that's not how I roll
2. When I sent her to live with my folks and sister for her safety and in that process I got my divorce and we were both free.
Anyways, I've been dozing on and off while writing out this question...and I prolly left some stuff out, so my most sincere apologies.
But the nit and gritty of it is this:
How did you handle your daughter going through puberty, how did you broach the subject, did you feel like she got the message. If you had the slightest doubt... did you figure, she'd figured it out by herself..
Just a little mom to mom advice.
Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Answer by gou18 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Answer by robinkane at 7:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Answer by cat4458 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011
Next question in Tweens (9-12)
What cell phone should my 10 year old get? I am stuck !
Featured Posts in All Groups