Are they still having the big bedbug epidemic in NYC?

Looking to go in the spring, don't want to bring the critters home though!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Travel

• unfortunately yes. i was jus in manhattan last week and it was still very active
    DaiquiriMarie

Answer by DaiquiriMarie at 3:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• There are a few things you can do. Put your bag directly into the bathtub, remove it to the sink when you want to take a shower, then put it back in the tub. Take the spread off of the bed the minute you get into the room, don't use it at all. Check around the seams of the mattress, and behind the head of the bed, if you see any of the critters, ask to change rooms or hotels immediately. They said that you could even take your own sheets, and pillowcase, and then place them in a plastic bag for the trip home. Don't leave your clothes or jackets on the bed, or any furniture that has upholstery. I heard all these tips on Rachel Ray, or the View last week. Have fun!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes! I wouldn't go unless I knew someone I could stay with. There is a website www.bedbugregistry.com that exists because of this issue.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2011