Can your DH cook?

My DH and I can both cook, but he likes his style (island) better than mine (Euro-american), so he does most of the cooking for dinners and such. I do the baking though because (although he has improved over time) he hadn't even baked cookies before he met me.

ladymomtraveler

Asked by ladymomtraveler at 3:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yep, my husband does cook and he is the one who is 'in charge' of the grill when we grill out in the spring/summer. He has a way with the grill..... I have tried it a few times, but I suck at grilling.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Nope. Poor guy could burn cold water. But he is better than me at all sorts of other things and I like cooking for him, so it works out.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 3:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Heck yes! My Husband is an amazing cook, and He enjoys doing it. We switch off a lot. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• no he sucks big time. he puts a pound of salt in everything.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My husband is a great cook, but if we waited from him to get home from work, we'd starve. On weekends, we usually share the duties.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yep. He's the cook in our family.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Derek can cook but we definitely have different styles. He enjoys more fish, rice and veggie dishes. I prefer more pasta and Italian influences. I usually do the cooking though. Don't tell him I told you all this, but he's a great baker. I leave all the dessert baking to him.
    binkadink

Answer by binkadink at 5:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We both cook, but DH is much better at taking ingredients, throwing them together without a recipe, and making it taste amazing. I need a recipe to follow. Although I've gotten much better over the years about deviating from the recipe, I still need something to give me a general idea of what to do.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes. As a matter of fact he does 90% of the cooking now that it's just the 2 of us. He loves to cook.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Not only can he cook, he's an awesome cook.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 5:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011