• In the Spotlight:

My Gassy Baby:(

My little one will be 4 weeks on Wednesday. She is VERY gassy! My ped. said to try Mylicon. It seems to help some, but she still has frequent gas pains. I know it takes a while for their digestive systems to develop and gas is often an effect of that, but is there something I can do to reduce it? She is a formula baby. I have seen "sensitive" blends for lactose intolerance. I don't think that is her problem, but would it help to try it? Or is this just part of having a newborn? How long do I have to look forward to this??? Thanks to all!

cristie1276

Asked by cristie1276 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It might be worth a try, I know it can be hard for some people to find a formula that doesn't have an adverse affect on their babies.

Have you seen the latest warnig/recall on Mylicon drops? There were some made recently that potentially have metal shavings in the bottle. There is info on the Babies Daily Buzz about it, check it out!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my lil boy was VERY gassyand consipated to the point of colic. we changed his formula at 5 weeks and havent had a problem since. he was put on nutramigen
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• also i use the dollar general and the family dollar gas drops they work just as well. they are the exact same thing and are 3 bucks a bottle for a 1oz bottle vs.1/2 oz.
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My little one was so gassy one night i called the ped...i mean she didnt stop crying for at least 3 hours..it scared the crap out of me..and my big brother..whom was visiting me and the family...
    we then switched her to prosobe*enfamil*

and it worked wonders,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My daughter was very colicy. Gas filled! I used Milicon drops and switched her formula to Carnation Good Start best thing I could of done.
    Gentle on her tummy and has whey proteins that can be easily digested in baby's
    tummy
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yes, the sensitive formulas will help! My son was on the regular formula for the first couple days and it made him gassy so I immediately switched to the reduced lactose one and he's fine now.
    Anonymous

• KATIE...thanks for the Mylicon tip!! I checked it out and fortunately mine is not on the list.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2008