My 1 and half year old was snubbed at a party he was invited too?

I went to a birthday party for 2 kids and they invited my all my kids including my 1 and a half year old. One of the mothers totally left my son out. She had a balloon for all the kids except him and when her 2 and a half year old daughter put her balloon down and went to play with another balloon, my son picked it up and was playing with it. When her daughter noticed my son had it she went over and had a fit and the girl's mother took the balloon from my son and gave it to the little girl. Then when it was time to go, she gave all the kids one of those goodie bags except my son. The other mother gave him one but he wanted 2 like the rest of the kids. I didn't say anything, we just left. Should I say something or just let it go?

MelissaCarole

Asked by MelissaCarole at 4:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should let it go. I am sure your son has.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would have just let it go. It wasn't nice of them to do that though.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes let it go. if you say something she might spin it around and make others think you were the bad guy, and you might come off looking selfish and entitled to people who don't know the whole story.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would just let it go. It would make me angry too, but I don't think it's worth saying anything over.
    binkadink

Answer by binkadink at 5:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would let it go. Your ds has probably forgotten about it, and depending on the age of the kids whose birthdays it was, there's a chance that one mom didn't know you were bringing him / that the other mom invited him, so she wasn't prepared to help host him, kwim?

I think I would just let it go though, unless it happens again.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would let it go. No point in being upset at a person that don't even care that you are upset. Who's birthday party was it? Was it a friend or relative? Whoever it was, i would not go to anymore of their birthday parties, i would have something to do on that day.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would let it go but I would not go to another of her kids parties again.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• let go and dont attend events for them again and dont invite them to yours less drama
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011