Carseat??>>>Help!!

My baby is 2 mo. and absolutely hates to ride in a carseat!! Its so hard for us to go anywhere... How can i make things better??

ryrysyf

Asked by ryrysyf at 5:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was like that until she was almost 3 months..i dont know why but now she doesnt mind it, unless she is really tired. try talking to her. my hubby used to lean back (when i was driving) and rub her cheek to calm her it kind of worked, i always tried talking to her but she would still scream.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• maybe give your child a bottle, or a pacifier, or get him(?) used to it. maybe strap your child in even if you aren't going anywhere, to watch you do the dishes, or play with him, or something... or put your child in there to fall asleep?

i guess so your child can just get comfortable with it.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 6:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had the same problem with my first born. I got mirror that attached to the back of the car seat where she could look at herself. She loved it, never complained again. Oh it also had lights and music on it, it was from Fisher Price.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Might not be much you can do, but double check the car seat for anything that might make it uncomfortable. I used a snuzzler to keep my dd tight in the seat and it was soft on all side. If it's the opposite problem and your child feels stuck in the seat, might work to switch from an infant seat to a convertable since the infant ones craddle babies.
    Anonymous

• The make toys especially for the car ride like mirrors that light up on the side or the thing that both my boys loved were the bugs that hung from the handle. If those don't help, it will get better, he'll get used to it and pretty soon it will bet soothing to him.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 9:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008