What about the word...

bitch? What reaction does that get out of you? Is that a word you throw around?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, the word doesn't bother me because it is typically used when a women is being assertive in some manner - which to me is a compliment. It does bother me that there is no equivalent for when a man is acting the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Depends on who says, I have a few close people I love and they call me that, and I just laugh, I know how they mean it.

Now other people can kiss my ass.

I used it sparingly to describe a very select few people in my life acting bitchy and hurtful.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Reaction is, I want to slap you for saying it.
    I might call you that in my mind. But not out loud.

Answer by louise2 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I get called 'bitch' on a daily basis from my students. I just say "Thanks, that lets me know I am doing my job" and I smile.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• imo its the worst insult when said with malicious intent, especially if said by a man. ive never been called one maliciously (to my face) but it would really get under my skin.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, its just another word and it only has meaning if you let it. We call each other that in jest.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't throw that word around a lot, but do use it sometimes to describe someone who is irritable and very nasty. I don't pay attention to what people may call me. I know who I am.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, I don't cuss.

Answer by Bmat at 8:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I think it depends on how it's being used -the manner in which it's said, who's saying it, etc. I know some friends jokingly call ea. other that (wish they would find something more endearing- but hey, we pick our battles) But if it's said in the heat of anger, or from a child/adolescent to an adult- that's totally unacceptable!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i can think of a much worse word to be called..... cunt......now that will get a reaction from me!
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2011