any one experience non-epileptic seziures?

They are caused by additional stress and past related experiences that you consciously can not handle. Very hard to get rid of. Yes therapy can help but so can support from peers so I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have had them. I have yet to find a single person who has also experienced them. Its a very serious condition to have...does not mean you are crazy lol just means that some stuff mentally your mind cannot deal with so it shuts down. If you have had these or do have them please respond so I won't feel so alone. It had been almost a year now since they started.

babyTmommytobe

Asked by babyTmommytobe at 8:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Health

• i have dealt with my share of stress in the past few years, enough to drive a person crazy. but no, im sorry i have not experienced seizures because of it. just lots of gray hair at the age of 24, anxiety & panic attacks, heart palpitations. i will give you a bump though :) and best of luck to you.

have you seen a doctor for this?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm so sorry you are having these. I have not had them, but can imagine how awful they must be for you and what kind of experiences you must have been thru to begin getting these seizures. Can I ask what happens during the seizure? I know some seizures can just cause shaking of different parts of the bodies while others can cause a person to shake and stiffen and become unaware of his/her surroundings for a few minutes (my nephew has these from a brain injury) and then there are other seizure types too. I hope you find the help to stop these. And, like you say, it does not mean you are crazy at all.
    mybritt

Answer by mybritt at 8:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't know what happens exact from what I've been told. first my teeth chatter (called an aura that lets you know ones coming) thank god so i can seperate myself from others. Then I go numb on my left side and lose all ability to move my body til I pass out. Then I guess my body locks up and my muscles become impossible to straighten out. I'm only 108 lbs now so the fact that a 220 lb EMT couldnt straighten my body out is so freaky to me. After I come out of it which can be anywhere from 3-5 mins on average I have a hard time talking or thinking straight. I usually can't move the side of my body that goes numb. It is frustrating because it has taken over my life. I am not allowed to work or drive according to doctors and at 26 it is so hard to deal with losing my independence. The other day I was told it was only going to get worse. Since I can't drive I thought I would try to reach out to others online and see if I could
    babyTmommytobe

Comment by babyTmommytobe (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• get some support. It is scary to deal with because the more I try to deal with the issues the more seizures I get. My family doesn't believe "they are real" and that I do it for attention. Seeing how I have given up so much it pisses me off that they think that. Sorry to vent so much its just really getting at me. I feel like people think I'm crazy. I do have PTSD which is what caused them I guess in the first place. I am starting to feel very alone and I have no friends as I am living in an isolated environment in the middle of nowhere with no reception on the cell phone. I feel like this is a last resort because the last thing I need is more judgement from others ya know?
    babyTmommytobe

Comment by babyTmommytobe (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have a seizure disorder and have no idea why. Mine did start when I was in a very stressful situation but oneone said that was the cause. I do know that the dr can not tell you why u are having them unless you have one while the test is going on or something like a tumor shows up on mri or catscan. Just keep taking your meds even if you think u will be fine. I stoped and almost died in my sleep. They could never tell me why my son had then either or that mine started so late. Good luck and stay safe.
    kadensmom04

Answer by kadensmom04 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2011