Im Just Wondering Whats The Big Deal ?

About guns? It seems like people are always tring to make other feel bad for having one . Many try to say they live in fear. Well thats Bull Honky . We hunt and in my family and his we have always had guns . No its not cause of the guy that won the election , No its not because we are scarde. None of that we have them because we always have , so why is it people want to make someone feel guilty for having one ? If they are smart and not like the dumb asses that most of you must think gun owners are. Then they would have their guns locked up and unloaded like we and everyone we know does . Doees it make people feel big to put others down ? Its all beyond me on how soem peopel turn it in to this big fight .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm not a gun owner simply because I don't own one. I'm not a hunter or a target shooter. I used to love to go target shooting but that was over 25 years ago. I'm not opposed to guns at all. I think some people just are affraid their kids will find the guns. I don't think they are wrong in not wanting them but I don't think they're right when they get angry at those people who do.
    I guess you could say that I'm indifferent.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My father always had a gun in our home, and my family members were all hunters so guns were prevelant. We were taught at a young age the purpose of a gun and the dangers. Because our family educated us about guns we were never curious or had interest in playing with them. Then seven years ago my only brother was murdered . I have a three year old and wanted no toy guns in my house and wanted to shield him from anytype of gun play. I blamed guns for killing my brother. Someone not something killed my brother. I do not have guns in my home, because I have no use, but my son plays with toy guns and I will educate him as my parents did me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't think people should force their opinions on others. If you want to have a gun it is your right, if you are against it then don't have one. Either way it is important to educate children about the uses and dangers of weapons.
    Johnathonsmomy

Answer by Johnathonsmomy at 6:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I wish i could get one My mental disorders a medical point of view wont allow it
    Anonymous

• thanks you guys for your thoughts. I just thought it was odd With all these gun posts and just about everyone was tring to make you sound like a rotten person if you had one .
    Anonymous

• I have been around guns all my life

I dont own one but hubby is getting one soon,

I dont know why he wants one he doesnt go hunting like my family*brothers*
    do
    but thats what he wants for christmas, is a shotgun he wants to take up the sport of hunting,

Whatever...Men are strange
    Anonymous

• My SO keeps a gun under our bed just incase, he has a liscense to carry it because he works as a correctional officer but he keeps it here for me when I'm home alone.I don't think owning a gun and keeping it at your residence is a problem.I mean ppl have knives and other harmful things lying around the house, its really not that big of a deal.I would hope that their children would be kept away from the guns at all times though.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• There are so many reasons -- murders, mental disorders, depression, child safety, suicide.

I don't think anyone should be rude to others about it, but gun use touches people in sometimes NOT good ways. There is always that news story of a baby finding his grandpas gun.... or the wife who killed her husband who was an abusive jerk, but now has to go to jail and face charges while their kids suffer the loss of both parents.

Different scenarios, different lives, different humans having different experiences with how they feel about guns.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i dont have anything against them my dad hunted so he had them but they where locked up and unloaded, my step dad is a cop and he keeps his locked up. i believe if you have one you need to be educated on safty and at least know how to use it not to have one bc you think your cool or trying to act bad. i hope that didnt sound rude.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2008