Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Desperate need of advice or where to go adult content

I'm desperate and need help finding information on candida and yeast infections / problems. Links with good information, library books, or even just hearing from someone who can give me some advice. I have no medical insurance, but if you have ideas on where I can go for help I'd be forever grateful. (we tried to apply for stamps and medicaid awhile back, we can't get it, supposable too much money.) (I'm in Florida)

I'm currently dealing with Thrush (yeast infection in mouth & throat) and a vaginal yeast infection. I also have sever Gerd and gallbladder problems that I'm now wondering if they are related to the yeast problems I'm having. I also have symptoms of fibromyalgia and suspect thyroid problems.

I'm really getting sick and I'm worried. I need to be able to care for my kids.

Thanks for reading this and for taking the time to respond

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Health

Answers (8)
  • I would go to your local hospital and apply for charity care. Even if you arent qualified for 100% refund you should qualify for a good discount. DH does not have health insurance and qualified for a discount. He paid $36 dolllars for an xray that was originally close to $400. GL!! And get yourself taken care of! Even if you get a bill all you have to do is pay a few dollars a month until you can afford the rest!

    Answer by Steph319 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • I would look on the computer for a free women's clinic they should have one in your area.

    Answer by Darla47 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • im with darla look into a womens clinic or a community health clinic. you need antibodics for the thrush. but the other yeast infection go to the drug store and pick up a yeast cream. and some prilosec for the gerd.

    Answer by laura970 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • Change your diet. No gluten or yeast. Take garlic & coconut oil daily. They are enemies of yeast. As the yeast dies off, you will feel yucky & have cravings for sugar & starch (do not eat any it feeds the yeast). I recommend you do a full body detox. You should be able to get a detox program from GNC or any health & nutrition store. I personally have used Detox a Trim.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • Does your local have a clinic for indigent people?
    Can you go without cable or internet for a few months so that you can afford health care.
    This is very important and could have lasting effects.
    Call the social service and see what help you can get.
    Do you have one of the clinics at Walmart? I have heard they are quite inexpensive.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 9:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • You have to address each issue one at a time. A regular Family Practice Dr. can do a simple blood test to check your thyroid levels, no big deal. He can also send you for an Ultrasound to check for gallstones, no biggie. Address these two things first and the Gerd will probably disappear. Go to an OBGYN for the yeast infections & candida issue. The sooner you start seeing the Dr's the sooner you will feel better. BTW, gallbladder & thyroid have nothing to do with yeast infections at all. GL


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • Go to your state's website search the site for womens' health services. Most states have resources that can help you. GL


    Answer by elizabr at 10:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

  • yes there are free clinics out there the most they make you put down is 20 bucks its worth is so i think you need to get it treated right away. GOODLUCK

    Answer by Bree_vee25 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.