How old were your kids when they first went snow skiing?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids are 5 and 3 and DH and I were talking about taking them this winter, but we haven't done it yet. I think the 3 year old may be a bit too young for it...but the 5 year old is ready. A girl I work with said she had all 6 of hers skiing by the time they were 3 though :)
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• LOL, I've never been skiing, and I'm almost 30. I grew up in the desert, and my parents usually stuck pretty close to home. There were places to ski in the mountains, but we never went. I'm sure when dd's old enough, dh will probably take her skiing. But she's still tiny.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Never (they are 10, 9, 8 and almost 5). I've also never been skiing. This is the first time in my life that I've lived close to a ski area.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm 32 and never been - neither have my kids. We prefer spending snow days making forts and snowmen, we're not the skiing type
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son isn't quite 3 and he has never been. We've put him on his bob skates, though.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011