On this very secular holiday what are your plans?

I came to realize as I rushed to the store this morning so that the girls could have pizza and ice cream to go with the puppy bowl that the Super Bowl is indeed a holiday that effects everyone in the States fans of football and non fans alike. So what is your Super Bowl holiday tradition?

My partner will be banished to a bar or family grill to watch the game with others that will enjoy it as well and myself and the kids will stay home watch a bit of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet eat some junk (which is huge for them) and have our own party.

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No plans at all my DH hates football! woot lol
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 9:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• When did the Super Bowl become a HOLIDAY??
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I am using it as an excuse to make snacks...hahaha...yum cheese ball
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It's not a real holiday, but's treated as one (even CM has jumped on the bandwagon). Personally, I leave the TV off and the the world enjoy it's maddness while I find better things to do. I agree with you though, between the crappy weather and people thinking they have to make a feast to watch a game the grocery store shelves are empty.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Lwob Repus!!

I'm working...and will have the radio on 92.9 The Eagle (KTGL)...as in: NOT THE GAME!

(An my husband will be at a friend's house playing D&D)

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I am not a die-hard football fan...however, I live in Steeler's country...so I'm a fan by default...I am wearing a number 7 jersey as I type this. You wanna talk about crazy...try living here! I work in an elementary school and we had a full blown party yesterday. It was equal to that of the Halloween/Christmas/Valentines/Easter type parties. My son's school did the same. He told me he was the only one in his room that didn't bring a treat. Seriously...give me a break! Since the game is so late, we will not be doing much...just hanging out at home...DH will be all fired up and will be in his man cave in the basement...at some point I will have to put the kids to bed b/c I won't be able to pull him away from the screen.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We're British so American football is not something that we have any interest in, but we're living in Canada and the Superbowl is pretty popular over here so it does affect me indirectly lol.  I'm a cashier in a grocery store and I'm working 12 - 4 today, so I'm guessing the first half of my shift is going to be very busy and the second half is going to dead.  I'm hoping I might get off early since I'm tired and a little stiff.  I'm guessing it is because I went snowmobiling at midnight lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Now the Super Bowl is a holiday! Oh, my!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If anyone was at the store yesterday- they owuld realise it's pretty much a freakin holiday! HOLY crap the store was insane!

anyway- we usually jsut get a bunch of like finger foods and watch it- mostly just us every year : /
    This year- hubby will watch and my son will probably be on the computer - my daughter and I
    will be starting another belly dance class tonight
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I thank all of you that understood this and took it as it was ment to be taken for the rest of you lighten up.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011