Dont u hate ppl with no personal style?

What I mean is people that just follow a trend rather than really finding out who they are as an individual and go from there.

I have a cousin that is following the fake barbie look Nicki Minaji is doing. I sweasr my cousin looks really awkward as a girly girl. I seriously know that is not who she is deep down inside. She is an example if someon just following a trend without really know who she is.

I have a friend that shops at high end stores and thrift stores and makes some really cool things. I can tell she is just genuine and happy with who she is and where she is going.

I so think ppl should follow their true fashion sense...not bad taste though lol If ur overweight and wearing strech pants and tube tops is not hot! lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Some people don't have fashions sense, that is why there are "trends".

Hating someone with none of their own fashions sense, is a bit harsh.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I try not to judge people based on what they are wearing. For me, fashion is not that big of a deal. I care much more about the person inside than the clothing outside.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, I don't HATE people for following trends. Why should we care if that is how they choose to dress? As samurai said... some people don't have fashion sense and following the trends is what is easy for them.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Hate is too strong of a feeling based on what someone wears. You might hate the trend, but not the person.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Their bad taste may be their personal style. Have you ever thought about that. I have a sister who love plaid but it looks hideous to me. But she is comfortable and happy with what she wear. In the end your clothes, or style does not define you, it is what inside that count.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• hmmmmmm cool input.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well I was always critized about my personal style and had to "conform" to a certain look. Yes it is what is on the inside that count but they can make the outside look better lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• For some people following trends is their personal style. Not everyone likes being locked into one look their whole life. Sounds like your cousin is young and having fun. I say good for her!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• lol my cousin is 28 young but not.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't judge others; some have zero interest in fashion, for others it's their whole world. If someone wants to follow the latest trends good for them. Over the years I've developed my own style; a mix of the latest things and the classics - I'm 41, and it wasn't until my mid-thirties that I found my "groove."

I agree that stretch pants and tube tops are NOT hot on most people :) Just because something is on your size doesn't mean you ought to be wearing it! hehe
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2011