My husband can be such a jerk!

My husband has a HUGE ego! He seriously at times thinks he is better then everybody else...including me. He doesn't get what I do all day long while I'm home taking care of the kids. I'm feeding my daughter every few hours, trying to potty train my son, to laundry, feed breakfast, get lunch, do dishes, pick up toys, do more laundry, go grocery shopping, make dinner, clean up dinner, do more laundry, put dishes away, give the kids a bath, and put them in bed. It seems like he just doesn't notice anything I do in a day and he can always find something to complain about.

How do you deal when your hubby is in a mood?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• The sad part is,for SOME men,including mine, they never get it!!!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I divorced him! :-)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• OMG!!!! you are so not alone mine is all that and more, Does yours have selective hearing too? I ask mine to help once in a while just so he does'nt forget how to do things.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My best friend had a similar problem. He just didn't seem to get how hard she worked at home while he was at his work. But then she almost cured the problem by telling him to do what she does for one day. After that a lot has changed with them. They don't fight as much and he's started helping out more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Buy the book, "What a mom does all day (especially when it looks like nothing)" and drop it in his lap. Even just the title should be a hint. :)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I quit talking to him, once he realizes the "quiet" he seems to get it. Some men get a period every month. Ignore it the best you can. My husband thinks his job is harder than mine because he does physical labor, well he picked his job, and I mine. We never figure them out 100%, but if you love him it will work out.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i have a sign in my kitchen that reads NOBODY NOTICES WHAT I DO...UNTIL I DON'T DO IT...~ IT WILL BE HARDER ON YOU IN THE LONG RUN ~ but just don't freakin do it a couple days, get take out for meals play with the kids all day,let his freakin clothes plie up ~ of course you have to clean it all back up, but he will SEE!
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• omg you are not alone. my boyfriend is the exact same way he always says its your job, and i snapped at him cuz its not fair that i take care of a wild and playful 2yr old boy all day long while i cook clean bath him and put him to bed. and on the wkends i clean the whole house and wash and fold all the laundry and put it away and deal with my son messing up what i clean but luckly he likes to help mommy do her clean and stuff.
    sexyred8106

Answer by sexyred8106 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Yell at him and call him an asshole!!! Lol. It usually does the trick!!! My fiance realizes all the stuff I do around the house and doesn't expect me to do everything. He comes home and helps out and will make dinner sometimes!! Sorry your hubby is being such an ass!!!
    Mommyoftwo234

Answer by Mommyoftwo234 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Tell him to put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. Tell him if he thinks you have such little importance, why doesn't he stay home and do all your chores for a day. Once he does it, he'll change his attitude.
    catlee2127

Answer by catlee2127 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2008