Bleeding? Post C-Section Question....

My daughter was born on June 20th via emergency C-Section. The bleeding only lasted about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks total before it disappeared entirely, but now, five months post op., it's returned. Pretty minimal, on and off for the past two days or so...dark blood. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and overall I've healed excellently (as well as quickly after the operation)...no problems at all or anything. My question is...could this still be related to my C-Section somehow or is it an irregular period starting to show up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• Have you done anything strenuous? Any heavy lifting? Anything like that could cause you to start bleeding again.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Sounds like breakthrough bleeding to me. It may also be the beginning of your period coming back. I have had 3 sections. You should be totally healed by now. Breastfeeding doesn't hold it off forever.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It sounds like the return of your period, but of course if you're concerned you should call your doctor.

ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008