Writing to soldiers overseas?

I have a good friend deploying in May, don't know exactly where yet, but I was thinking of putting him together a little pack with paper, pens and stamps so he could write everyone.

Does anyone know how much, stamp-wise it costs to mail stuff overseas? Both to and from?

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 10:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• You mail your letter to him via an APO address here in the U.S. and they send it to him so you only have to use one regular first class stamp unless it weighs more but it's just like sending mail to anyone else in the U.S.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• He doesn't need stamps to send letters to his family and friends but if you or any of his family and friends were to do so I think just 1 regular stamp would do. I was deployed to Iraq and didn't need stamps to send letters.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Do they write anymore? My dd's bf just took his laptop and emailed & messaged everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Your good friend would probably enjoy having a box with goodies in it better. Things they can't readily get over there. My hubby couldn't get the hot cheetoes, so I sent those. Just some goodies they just didn't get. Besides, they like getting boxes, so even if he could get it, I'd send it anyway, just so he got mail.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I sent a card weekly and care packages as needed. Not a lot of ppl write letters anymore.
    Brooke505

Answer by Brooke505 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011