• In the Spotlight:

What can I do to make myself get off my lazy butt and do something productive.

...like do laundry or vacuum. lol. I did clean the kitchen this morning though!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 11:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Just get off your lazy butt...lol I know it's hard but it is really up to you. GL You don't always feel like this anyway right? If you don't do it today put it in your head to do it for sure tomorrow. ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh, don't. Have a bowl of strawberry ice cream. Indulge for a couple of minutes.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I often do laundry when Im on here. Just throw a load in and come back to the computer. It will make you feel better about getting stuff done.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• When I get into a slump I try a few things...a cup of coffee. The caffeine some days helps. Or if there is laundry to fold I will watch tv and fold at the same time. Or what I will do is tell myself I will only clean for 15 minutes. And then after the 15 minutes are up I am usually enough in the mood to clean that I keep going. And finally...making a list of everything I would like to get done and star the most important can help motivate me to get at least the starred items done. Good luck!! Oh...I use to clean during the commercials. Its amazing how much you can get done because now a days commericals are SO LONG!!! But if you prerecord the shows then of course that does not help.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• @coffeeyum- I love that commercial I am in the same boat. Except I have to go to work in a few hours. I hate cleaning before I go to work. No to mention I hosted a baby shower yesterday and I'm exhausted.  Just do something small, like throw in a load of clothes. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• turn off the tv and computer and play some music you like.

oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 11:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have depression...and I can't find the motivation to do it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Just do it! Get up! Go! Cafemom will be here when you get back! Goooo! ;-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• LOL @ Coffeeums........Lurve that commercial!

I have the same issue But Mommie.....I just get up and get my coffee going and once I settle with a cuppa joe.....I get moving to get my groove on with dishes, vacuuming, and laundry.

I also turn up the Music on Comcast channels and find something to get me going with the caffeine! It helps. I can hear it in the areas I need to be at...some times put the same channel on the 2 Tv's and its like surround sound!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well at least you cleaned the kitchen.lol Thats the last thing I usually clean. I'm lazy today too. Dont feel bad!!!! After all it is superbowl sunday...... its pretty much a holiday now! lol
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2011