What made you pick your house?

Whether your own or rent, what made you fall in love with the house you are living in?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Location, size, price, school district, style, among other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• LOCATION!!! There are a lot of fantastic things about our place, but location is number one! We live in town again (didn't before), and there is a huge park at the end of the street. It only takes 7 minutes to get to work, and we are literally close to EVERYTHING (we live in a small town). I don't ever want to move! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Location, size, schools, neighborhood - I loved the open floor plan and gourmet kitchen, and my glamour bath makes me feel like a princess. We couldn't have built a home that meets our needs/wants better.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It was exactly where were we were looking, but there were other houses for sale at the same time in that area. This house was older and it had charming quirks. I still love my house and would have made the same choice.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Unfortunately, I didn't fall in love. I didn't fall in love with ANY of the houses we looked at. We ended up just choosing one in the school district we wanted and had the least amount of things we couldn't live with for very long...like gobs of tacky wallpaper in every single room...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It was all I was looking for in a home. The location was nice. It is a cape cod, which I love. It has such a nice size backyard, my kitchen back window looks out to the yard. It was built in the 1950's an older home, and has that old style charm. Like wood floors throughout, wood doors, nice wood work. Single home in the county. It had all I was looking for and I just love it!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It was what we could afford
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We are currently renting and we chose this house because it was the cheapest ( besides an apt. ) , a good location ( right down the street from my grandma) and our landlord lets us do whatever we want to it ( paint, decorate, etc) and lets us have pets... so i think we got very lucky....

BUT we are looking for a house to buy, and recently had our home broken by a great house... it was on one of the best streets in town, but was so cheap ( forclosure) that the mortage ( with home owners insurance) was cheaper than our rent, and it was a split level ( for some reason I love split level homes) ...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The split floor plan. The location.  The lot size.  We are buyers.

Answer by louise2 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Location and schools.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011