look for some help with morning sickness

I have been dealing with with morning sickness all day. I was wondering what are some things you do to help with it.

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Before I got out of bed I would eat a few soda crackers. I also chewed peppermint gum all of the time, it really helped settle my stomach. Eating small snacks throughout the day helped as well, if I got too full it seemed to make it worse. Best of luck, and congratulations!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Thank you i will try some of those things
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Saltines and ginger ale worked for me on all 4 for my pregnancies. Plus I could usually find one specific food each pregnancy that each pregnancy would let me have and not got sick, so I always kept lots of it on hand. Other little tips are to either take your prenatal right before bed since they made me and a lot of other people nauseated even more, or I ended up switching to 2 Flintstone vitamins instead of prenatals (with Dr ok first!). But most importantly, I couldn't let myself get hungry or my blood sugar drop. That always triggered it for me.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The best thing is Prego Pops, you can buy them at Motherhood Maternity store. There hard candies that settle morning sickness. and drink a coca-cola before you get out of bed in the morning with some saltine crackers. It helps alot!
    mommaclow

Answer by mommaclow at 11:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• For me I would have to keep something in me. So I was always snacking which was a good thing, because if I did have to vomit it was better than dry heave. But that is just me. GL! and Congrats!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I found that eating what I was craving seemed to help. Not just what was for dinner, or whatever.
    If it gets so bad that you can't keep anything down (I dealt with that for a few months), you can ask your doctor for meds. They don't usually give them unless it's a situation where it won't go away, but if it gets to that point, they do help.
    The other ladies had some good suggestions as well.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• with my 3rd baby I was so sick I couldn't walk without fainting so a nurse told me to eat red apples.....they worked like a miracle!! there is something in the peeling that stops the stomach from feeling so bad
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• o know its nasty but i had morning sickness really bad im talking 24 hrs a day i couldnt eat anything.my bfs mom told me to take a teaspoon of apple cider vinager and amazingly it worked even though it was kind of grose to drink
    kaylamarie1987

Answer by kaylamarie1987 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ginger:-)
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 3:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011