what do you give your child for snacks?

We have snack time twice a day in our center. I am sometimes amazed at the snacks children bring in. We try and tell parents that candy is not a healthy snack and to please keep that for at home. We provide snacks for the children but alot of parents still send it in.

lilachievers

Asked by lilachievers at 11:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• candy is not a snack, my kids only get candy on special occasions but for snack we give them apples or raisins sometimes peanut butter crackers they love celery with peanut butter and raisins also string cheese :)

Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 11:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Alot of kids are so picky that a parent will send anything just as long as it is food in the belly. It isn't right but fussy kids are very tough to deal with...my son is very fussy but he still is not allowed to pack sugary treats in his back pack. so most of his snacks are various fruit breads or cracker type stuff like cheez-its or those little mini peanut butter sandwich crackers,goldfish, popcorn, chewy bars, but nothing sticky that can ruin teeth like a fruit roll up or fruit snack
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Brandon eats goldfish, little crackers, sometimes even cereal.. always with his soy milk or juice...
    BrandonBearsMom

Answer by BrandonBearsMom at 12:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Goldfish, Cherrios, fruit, crackers with peanut butter. He rarely gets candy from me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I do snacks with our 5 year old who does a 1/2 day of kindergarten...

Mini muffins... I like to make them myself and add ground walnuts and flaxseed so they are healthier, and I make enough to freeze them and snag them as I need them in ziplocks!

Yogurt, which can freeze and be thaw by snack time

I personally don't have too many choices because my son is a picky eater!!! And I have to sneak nuts into foods like his muffins because only nut he eats is smooth peanutbutter
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Multi-Grain Cheerios
    Cheese-It Crackers
    Peanut Butter and Cheese Crackers
    Cheddar Cheese Crackers
    Fresh Fruit
    Goldfish Crackers

Those are some of my kid's favorite snacks.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If a parent is having a hard time figuring out what to send, offer to take care of it and have either yourself or other pick up the slack? Better yet... rotate what parents do snack??? How many students, by how many days... my son has 22 kids, which means every 22 days I'm doing snack in one shot rather than every single day... and makes it esier to ask other parents to pick up the slack when one is unable? Like a side note that states those that can/will do more contact you personally and keep in staff fridge or whatever?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I also do those lunchables with the chees, meat,and crackers for our son
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We always send cut up fruit and yogurt. The school also offers crackers and other light snacks.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• for snack we eat fruits, yogurt, raisins, ritz crackers, regular crackers with juice, my daughter really doesn't like candy..i snack the same thing & time with her it's our chit chat talk.
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 7:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011