What was the worst job you ever had?

I hated working in the bakery of a local grocery store. I was basically supposed to clean their mess from all day and more than once after I got done mopping one of the guys from the meat department would come make a mess of the floor. I later found out that he was mad that I used "his" mop bucket (there were about 10 of them in the back, he was just a jerk).

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Toys R Us! OMG all them kids yelling and crying and ahhhhhh lol
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• working in produce at walmart
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 11:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Definitely my first job. I was 16 and I was a busser at a local restaurant. It was a terrible restaurant, and the only time they were actually busy was Saturday and Sunday mornings for the breakfast buffet. The rest of the time, it was DEAD - not much for a busser to do. I would literally wrap cutlery for my entire shift sometimes, until there was no more cutlery to even wrap. It wasn't even worth the $6/hour!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Ha ha in response to Bree's answer above - I worked at Toys R Us for a year! I loved it so much, up until the end, when it all fell through because of the 35 year old manager who was sleeping with a 16 year old I happened to hate...
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• embarrassed miniselling stuff from door to door/canvasing. i got many doors slammed in my face.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• The worst job I had was when I was a nursing assistant and this really junky nursing home. I hated it, the work load was twice what it should have been. I worked for 3 months and then I quit.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Working at a dry cleaners. The owner was an (insert bad word).
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Floral Design, it was a factory that made plastic flower arrangments for gravesites. I hated working there because they would cuss you and degrade you. I put up with it for 4 days and quit.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I typically think of when I worked in a garbage bag factory, but it probably ties with this one family I worked for as a nanny. They advertised for a nanny. They hired me from an agency, but what they REALLY wanted was a slave...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've only had two..and suprisingly, Blockbuster was worse than Wendy's.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011