Cots or mats?

Does your child go to a childcare center and if they do does the center use mats or cots for rest time?

lilachievers

Asked by lilachievers at 11:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Our center used mats, red on one side and blue on the other. They were made with such thin plastic that I kept a roll of blue and a roll of red duct tape in my desk to fix the mats with. By the end of the year most of my kiddos went home with mats covered in duct tape, but it worked and since the colors matched well it looked just fine.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We use cots.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I prefer cots but my son's school does mats. Cots are higher off the ground and my child has allergies. Dust and other debris are right there being stirred up. In GA there was a year where every child was required to be so many inches off the floor - causing the day care I worked at to switch to cots. Now I live in a state that does not have that same regulation. And many kids wiggle off the mat sleeping in all kinds of ways on the floor. The floor where kids have peed on it by accident, thrown up on, and stepped in dog poop yesterday with the same shoes they wear today. I prefer cots.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Mine uses mats. Each child has their own and I supply the sheet.
    MomAnn323

Answer by MomAnn323 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My oldest had mats, my second had cots.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• mats
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011