What would you think ....

We have new trashy neighbors ... I say trashy because they actually have trash sitting outside their house , they are up all night playing music, and during the day they actually lay on their porch ( on the actual porch - not on a swing or chair) ....

Of course now they have a pitbull dog named KILLER... they have it tied up right outside of their house and he is constantly barking and growling ..and even if you think it is the dog not the breed ... you cant argue that this dog is going to be hostile...and since I have 2 small kids and 3 small dogs I am worried !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Piled trash is probably a code violation, contact your city. Also, contact your animal control to find out if there is anything you can do about the dog. Since he is tied up I doubt it, but at least you can try.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Well this actually use to be a nice town... When I was little we lived on this street ( moved away and then my husband and I found this house) .... and every other house is nice except that one, it was bought by one of those slumlords and he knows all the laws and has alot of money - basically everytime a problem comes up with one of his dumps he gets out of it .... in the past year there has been 4 different people ( each one being worst than the last) living there, and they all make it a dump and all have had large aggressive dogs, and we have reported it and yet nothing is ever done....

we are seriously conisdering moving because 2 houses down is a forclosure house ( although it is nice) and we found out the slumlord is also trying to buy it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why don't you buy it first.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• we would move to get away from this street -- I didnt mean we want to buy the foreclosure, because we would have to sell this house first
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I can see why you would be uncomfortable. I have to admit I would not be comfortable with a pitbull named Killer living next door. I can honestly say that wold certainly speed things up with fixing up our home to sell, calling the city each time I saw the dog loose, and trying to be distant but polite. Its one thing to be red neck but it is another thing to be irresponsible. In our small city you can't have trash pile up outside. So I would call to notify the city that they have a great place to ticket for more revenue and fines.  But making enemies out of my neighbors is never in anyone's best interest either.  Yikes.  I feel for you.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would move. I know moving is such a hassle, but I wouldn't want to live there. I hate pitbulls, and think the entire breed should be extinct. I think all pitbulls need to be registered, so you can look up where pitbulls live throughout the city. And I wouldn't live within blocks- many blocks- of where a pit was located. I don't care how some people take that, but I would never raise my children around them. And the garbage- gross! Contact a city official and ask if it violates city code. They should be made to clean it up.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Move
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If the neighborhood is going downhill, you might as well move. It's hurting your investment in the house.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• lol i would talk to the neighbor's, make friends with the dog and help them learn to clean up. Love they neighbor as thy self. Maybe they need someone to teach them how. I like barking dogs! It lets me know I am alive and still have my hearing. I have little dogs too and would worry for them and the kids. Maybe the neighbor's would let you get to know killer and he could make friends with your dogs and children. If he won't maybe you could convince them to get a different breed. Children learn what they live, so these people may have had bad upbringings. You could be the reason they moved there. God may have sent them there for you to help. I sure wouldn't move because of neighbor's. Bake some cookies and invite them over and show them what a "normal" person lives like. Nicely tell them that the music at night is hard on you and if you do it right they may stop. If you are into sports, crafts or whatever invite them to do tha
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 4:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I like how everyone is just telling the OP to move, like that's so easy, especially in this housing market. She can't move unless someone actually BUYS her home, in the declining neighborhood, next to the trashy neighbors.

Anonymous