Do you think today's society can survive without modern technology?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they're capable, but I think the majority would die whining before they finally figured out nobody was going to save them and it was really happening.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We would have to make that decision and ween ourselves from it with the willingness for a lot of work and cooperation. But of course we could. We did it for millenia before.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would be glad I don't live in the city and know how to shoot a gun and hunt and many other skills you would have to know. It would be survival of the fittest. *** Right there with you carp! My husband and I would have no problem adjusting to life without modern technology! We can BOTH hunt, fish, grow fruits and veggies, make and cook over a fire pit, and have a number of other self-sufficient traits. I've said it before, that those who live in cities and are completely dependent on technology would be among the first to perish should a major terrorist attack wipe out our technology based communication devices. No one should EVER be solely dependent on modern conveniences.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No most people are to dependent and addicted...I have tried to imagine what would happen if the internet and all the power were shut down ahhh and the cell phone towers..people would freak out as if you were taking their air away!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Agree with NP-

The level of whining would drive a certain portion of the population to off themselves-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't think so. Every facet of our lives is dependent on some sort of technology, from simple household appliances to jet airliners.

Life as we know it would cease to exist without technology.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have distant family that are Amish.. I've seen them live with very little. I'm sure it would be hard at first, but I think as humans~ one of our greatest qualities is the ability to adapt.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I would be glad I don't live in the city and know how to shoot a gun and hunt and many other skills you would have to know. It would be survival of the fittest.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My DD would ask if the computer was working yet. Until it finally was working.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 12:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No cause think of all of the technology that keep people alive. Such as people that are on life support if the power goes down and is gone there dead. Babies that are born as micro preemies or even just preemies would die also because of no medical help for them, same as those who are high risk pregnancies or those who have life threatening illnesses. you would see a lot of good people die off with out what we have today.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011