How many of your kids suffer from eczema?

Are you using something that has helped it completely?

Tricia2011

Asked by Tricia2011 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My DD is lucky that she only has a patch on her back that periodically flares up. When it does we use a prescription cortisone cream and Burt's Bee's Skin Cream.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I only have my One and Only, my perfect Son..and He has had excema off and on since He was a Baby. I also have had it since a few months after He was Born. It sucks. =[
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh, and We use Eucerin Intensive Repair cream, Aveeno Baby Lotion, and (only for my Son) a prescription Our doc gave Him.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My BF's daughter suffers from this. She's never got rid of it completely , gone thru such bad times she stayed home fromschool and had times you you could barely notice it. First go on a stick diet for 6 wks of no gluten, refined foods, fried foods, and especially sweets. Unrefined seseme oil is good topically and internally. Cover with raw potato compress and do not use soap when bathing in less then hot water. BEst wishes!
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 12:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Eliminate dairy
    keep baths short, infrequent and cool
    put coconut oil on the afflicted areas

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I use Aquaphor, it is amazing for ezcema. My son was on a cortisone cream but he looked worse using the cream. So the doc suggested Aquaphor and Cetaphil to wash with. My cousin uses the same thing and she and 2 of 3 kids have sever Ezcema.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Wow crazy that so many of us have to go through this with our kids. My daughter started getting eczema at 6 months, and i used this renew lotion, similar to euercern and now it's compeltely gone but only as i keep putting on the renew lotion and also bathing her in natural body wash and hair wash. i have had to use johnson's products when we have been at the grandparents and it flares back up again. if any of you would like a samply of the renew let me know and i'll send one out to you.
    Tricia2011

Comment by Tricia2011 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My son has eczema. We use Aveeno unscented bath wash and lotion. We also use a product called Gentle Naturals Eczema Cream. It's not medicated, and it's helped us more than anything else. It's a non-medicated, very thick cream--a little goes a long way. If we use it on his problem areas (cheeks and arms mostly) everyday, a couple times a day, it keeps his skin moisturized and keeps it under control. He's only had to have a prescription once, so I would describe it as mild to moderate if we stay on top of it and don't let his skin get too dry.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh, we have used cortisone cream a couple times too, but that can thin the skin so it should not be used often.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Here's a link if you want to read more about Gentle Naturals. We buy it at Target, but I'm not sure what other stores carry it.

Gentle Naturals
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011