o lord lol i didnt relize that next week is thanksgiving

i need help i have never made a turkey i dont know what to do at all .... its my first year cooking .. please help if you can ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I just realized a couple days ago it was coming up! I can't believe November is going so fast. We get ours from the Deli department at the grocery store. Already cooked, just need to be heated in the stove. Very easy to do. I don't know that much about the frozen type other than they take a long time to thaw.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 6:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i never heard of those .. are they good?
    Anonymous

• Very good! We get the box turkey dinner. Comes with the turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, gravy, cranberry stuffing and pie. It's so easy to do the dinner and everyone loves the turkey.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 6:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• oh yay lol ill do that sounds alot easier then waking up at the butt crack of dawn to cook all day lol im pregnant and tired lol i wanna sleep in
    Anonymous

• It's really nice. I remember my mom being half asleep in the kitchen on turkey day and cranky from lack of sleep. Hubby and me does it now and we get up maybe a hour or so earlier than we normally do but not even close to what my mom use to go through.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 7:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It's not hard if you want to give it a try. Make sure the turkey is thawed early (sit in cold water to thaw) and when you hold it up, the neck and gizzard/ innards should fall out of the cavity. if they don't there may still be ice (needs to thaw more) or you can pull them out fi it is thawed and just not coming out easily.

there are lots of turkey recipes on www.allrecipes.com
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If you do decide to do it yourself, do yourself a favor and get the renyolds oven bags. They keep everything really juicy. Basically I just "gut" my turkey, and rub it down with butter and different seasonings and put it in the bag with a little water to keep it moist. It will have directions on the tag about how many minutes per pound to cook it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• ok thanks you guys
    Anonymous

• its not this coming week - it the last week of the month - a week and half away
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Here's how I do it: Buy turkey from grocery store. Freeze or refridgerate, be sure to put it in the fridge to defrost at least 24 hours in advance if you freeze it. Remove gizards (usually they put this stuff in some sort of a bag, you can reach up and feel it - wear a glove if you're scared like me). Rub with spices (I used oregano and thyme, about 1/2 teasp of each). Place in pan with 1/2" to 1" tall sides. Use aluminum foil to make a "tent" over the turkey. Place in oven and cook according to package directions (some say 400F, some say 350F, but always 1 hour per pound). ENJOY!
    LazyMistake

Answer by LazyMistake at 1:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008