Have you ever owned a dog...

that destroyed some of your furniture?

HappyGirl44

Asked by HappyGirl44 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pets

• Yes and I was told that it meant they were not getting enough exercise and they were bored.
    Dragonfly_95

Answer by Dragonfly_95 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yep along time ago. I don't own any pets anymore!!
    Lady1ce

Answer by Lady1ce at 1:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We had a dog when I was young that ate the carpet off the steps. Yes ATE the CARPET!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Oh yes, we had a fantastic leather corner sectional. My daughter brought her chihauhau to our house and left him. She wasn't able to care for him. The next morning he had completely eaten a huge hole in one seat of the sectional. It had to be discarded. He proceeded to eat a pair of my leather mules and 2 pairs of Birks. We still have the boy, but he does not eat our things anymore. We kept him kenneled for a while. Only let him out if we were right with him. Now he doesn't do this. Knock on WOOD.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• OH yes
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've owned (and still do!) cats who've damaged furniture. Does that count? :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My dog likes to destory my clothes its a pain but I love him.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I did a long time ago.  I don't have that dog anymore.  I got the dog, ended up going to work.  The dog was bored and lonely and started destroying everything.  I gave him to an older woman who could spend more time with him.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yep, that's part of having a puppy, and that is why training and obedience are so important. It's like redirecting for dogs.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yep, I have 4 and they love chewing up stuff. My rat terrier- Scooter is blankie boy, he holds the blanket on our bed in his mouth to go to sleep. Then, ends up chewing holes in it.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011