• In the Spotlight:

How can I stop being such a compulsive shopper? I mean I can't see myself with a little bit of money, I have to go out and spend it!

I been wanting to save some money, but it is hard for me to do so. I also have a large family and I know I can't afford to be out shopping every time I have a few dollars! I am addicted to handbags! I mean I see a cute handbag and I go nuts! The other day I bought a $50 handbag only because it was cute and the only one left! But now I regret it, since I know the money could have stayed in my savings account instead! I know I should return it but I can't seem to actually do it! I like the bag. I know I have no self control. (Just venting, No bashing please)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• If you dont leave the house you dont spend money :)
    Anonymous

• Tell your husband and ask him to accompany you to see that you return it. Do it now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Be strong, tell yourself that you dont need it. Once you see your money and savings grow you feel happier. Return the bag and let this be the start. Tell yourself you dont need it and tehre are more important thing in life.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Maybe thinking about the great retirement you can have would help you to save the money instead of spending it. Just an idea......
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Set a goal, like a great vacation, to save for. Have money deleted from your check to go into a savings account. If it's not there, you can't spend it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Decide at the beginning of each month how much money you are going to allow yourself to spend on things that you want - take that money out IN CASH and hang onto the cash. (in an envelope that is labled for your use) Only use money out of that cash to buy things you want, and when it's empty you have to wait till next month. Soon you'll have to make a decision about if you really want to get something right now, or hang onto the money until later in the month when you might find something you like better. Don't use your debit/credit card to make impulse purchases - it's super easy to do - use cash so you can physically see where the money is going. Good Luck!! You can do it!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Start consider putting it in a savings account 'spending'. Then, when you get a little saved, move it to a certificate of deposit so you can't get to it easily. You'll soon break the habit of spending.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Give yourself a goal. Pick a handbag that you really like and start saving towards it. That extra few dollars that you have, put it in a piggly bank or something where you are saving towards the handbag. You will either end up saving enought to buy it or start dipping into that money for family things, recreational or necesity.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• freeze it
    lol
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• take back the purse and save .I use an old pottery vase that i drop dollars in .Last time i counted up over 100 dollars sure came in handy.If you put money back like this i just forget about it.And it does add up fast.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011