Should i go to school to be a cna? I am 53 years young

I am unemployed, I think age is a factor of preventing me from interviews.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• HECK YEAH!  Go for it!  If that's what you want then I say YES, do it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It is never too late to get any sort of training if you want it. Make sure this is really something you would like to do. You could eventually get private clients at places like care.com (just one example)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If it's something then yes do it. I looked into it and it seemed very physically demanding a lot of lifting paitients and stuff and I'm a weak little person lol but yes if you want to then do it!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Go for it! You are never too old to start over!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Your not to old to go school but, where I live CNA's make about $8.00 hr., check in your area to see if, It's worth it.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 2:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• its very physical job but their are always jobs. i am a CNA and make 15...around here they start at 10 so depends on your area.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It s a very physically demanding job. Lots of lifting and moving patients. If you are in good health and think you can handle that then go for it!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• You have to be very sure you can handle the stress and physical demands to become a CNA but it is never to late to get a career so yes! go for it!
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Being a CNA is a lot of strenuous work - before you pay for school for it be sure you really want to do it (for the pay that is offered - here's it's a minimum wage job) and that you can.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Aslong u healthy and kicking there's no age limit in going back to school....now me being a can try to get a job in d mothers and babies section...is lesssss stressing....I work in a telemetry floor patients with heart problems mostly older folks...
    diosa694

Answer by diosa694 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2011