My 5 yr old daughter will have to share her room with her new baby brother, any ideas on how I can decorate the room so that she doesn't feel her space is invaded?

I am using a quarter of her room for the baby. My daughter has all pink and pastel colors for her decor. I don't have quite an idea what to do with this situation. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Maybe a Pooh theme?  I noticed at Walmart.com that the pinks and blues and greens go pretty well together.  I'm sorry, I don't have any other ideas, this is just what I would do if my different sex kids had to share a room.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Is she very upset about having to share her room or is she accepting of it? If she can be accepting, I would talk with her and ask her what she would like to do with their room since baby brother is too little to make a decision too. Tell her to pick something that baby brother would probably like too. When she starts pulling for the pink and girlie colors, start mentioning other ideas and see if she agrees.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why wouldn't you keep your baby in your room, where he belongs?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Sounds like decorating may be the least of your worries. GL
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 2:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Why wouldn't you keep your baby in your room, where he belongs?       What? Who says a baby "belongs" in the parents' room? My sons slept in their own rooms.........where they belonged. I could hear them if they needed me or my husband. Strange, strange advise.

Now, OP, if the room is big enough, get a 3 panel screen that lets you put pictures or has a cork board or can be painted and let her have her side and the baby his side. If not, choose a green or yellow. It isn't gender specific, let her help pick out stuff for her bed and the crib will decorate itself! 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Ya know, I wasn't going to be rude and say that's what I would do because I am not one of those "my way is the RIGHT way".  I did think the same thing though.  If I were in this situation, I would keep the youngest one with me.  Like I have another boy on the way, due soon so I made a space in my living room for all of his things.  This is a hard question, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Keep the room as it is for now. They baby won't complain much!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Your new baby is not going to care if he is in a pink room. I would bring in some chocolate brown touches - that will go well with pink and baby blue.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2011