Acid reflux?

My almost 3 year old randomly throws up. Like once or twice a week. The dr. put him on Zantac. But is there any way to prevent it without medicine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well if the doctor said its definitely acid reflux the only thing i can say is that if the zantac is helping him then its better to do that because acid reflux can be painful and just downright miserable. You could try staying away from thiings that have alot of acid or anything that you find that really triggers it, but i dont really know of any other way other than what the doctor did. Im sorry i dont have more ideas. Good luck
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Stay away from acid foods. Citrus, tomatoes, pineapple, etc. If cooked though the acid breaks down is easier to digest.
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 2:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Please check out my website ~ http://www.blastforfun.com/ ~ Alkalete is amazing ~ and all natural ~ safe for any age. Alkalete is a body acid neutralizer that helps greatly to get rid of acid reflux, acid indigestion and soooo much more. I have always been leary of prescription and over the counter medicines due to side effects and long term effects. I would definitely check it out and have your doctor check it out too. There is also a Free Trial going on right now. There is also drinks containing the Alkalete too that your child might like!
    Hope this helps you ~ let me know if you have any questions!
    Laura

jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 6:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011