potty training help please

My youngest just turned two and now my hubby is practically screaming at me to potty train her, I don't agree. We tried to make my oldest potty train at this age it back fired on us and took us a couple of months till her fourth b day before she would use the potty. my youngest is scared of the potty even the potty training toilets she will scream like mad on the potty but since she can say I pee pee or I poo pooed and will pretend to potty in her seat hubby wants her potty trained but like I said she screams what should I do ladies my gut is that she is not ready

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• but try tellin hubby that and I'm getting tired of him trying to put me down and tell me I'm just to lazy to potty train and gettin tired of the fights between us over this but I mean if the child is screaming because I put her on the potty obviously she is not ready and she is a bit behind for her age group mainly cause she came out two months to early so any advice would be appreciated
    Anonymous

• my son potty trianed at 14 mo then we moved and his potty stayed packed for 7 months now were repotty training.. int he morning when you wake up, after her naps when ever you have to go.. take her with you.. everytime i or daddy use the potty we take baby with us and sit him in his potty. i usually sit a little longer to let the baby know that you dont need to hurry to pee or poo.. then i ask him are you all done.. and reply ok me too.. and whether he goes or not it is teaching him to sit on the potty.. now he lets me know mom peepee and i tell him run to the potty and we both run.. evein if i dont have to go i sit with him to let him know i am here if you need help..
    shiekybabee03

Answer by shiekybabee03 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Sorry but it sounds like the real issue isn't potty training. It sounds like your husband likes to be in control.

You are 100% correct, she's not ready to potty train. Don't let your husband bully you or your babies.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Your right, she's not ready. It sounds like she's not even interested. She's only 2. She'll let you know when she's ready. I you take care of her most of the time, don't let your husband bully you. Let him know that you are taking care of it, and when she's ready, she'll go. Don't make the same mistake twice. My son is 2 also. He knows how to use the potty, but he doesn't want to tell me when he needs to go. We are on a tight budget, but we know that he won't be in diapers forever. The same is true for you. Your daughter will go when she's ready.
    momof3boys2178

Answer by momof3boys2178 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008