TEENS.............................

Well my bf has a cousin thats 13 and he come stay the weekends with us with I dont mind. but he sure does has a cockie attitude some time and I don't know what to say to him and really bugs me that he come over here and does that. I know he is turning in to a teen and going through changes and tryin to fit in with every one and just fit in the world. But I really dont know what to do .................. all my kids are putty young so I have no experience in dealing with that. O man I wish my baby stay little forever. lol any advice

tearb

Asked by tearb at 2:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Sit down with your boyfriend and agree on some house rules. Post the house rules visibly in your home and tell the cousin you expect anyone in your home to abide by those rules.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• tell your bf to talk to him, its your bf's family member and as a 13 yr old boy, i dont think he will listen to you, no offense, nothing to do with you its just well im sure he would listen to your bf more because not only is he family but im assuming he looks up to him. Have your bf sit down with him and say, we love having you over here, we really enjoy your company, just not your attitude. If you want to grow up and have people respect you you need to respect them. If he still doesnt stop, use the then dont come over anymore if you cant stop threat. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Make sure your bf is doing fun things with him too and not just expecting him to watch TV or keep to himself.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I agree with bobbysqurl, let him know that u don't his attitude and everyone will get along better without it. I have a stgrson like that and he can make me so, MAD.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 2:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011