Do you have male friends?

If so, how does your husband feel about that, and how often do you talk to them?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a handful of male friends, I speak with them once a week or so. They are also DH's friends, although some I've known longer than DH, and others he has known longer. We don't have any issues because of this - we are secure in our relationship.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes I work with them and see them every weekend my stbx does not care he did for a while
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have some. Of coarse my husband is cautious about it but he could care less. He's met them all and knows he can trust me. I make friends with some very weird people.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes I do. He is like my older brother. I dont see him often because he lives far away, but we talk often. My DH is fine with it. He has many friends that are girls. It doesn't bother me anymore. One girl he talked to did and I confronted him about it, we talked and now everything is fine.
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 2:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes just a few and he is very cool about it as a matter of fact they hangout some times with out me
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have one who is like my brother. We talk on the phone once a month or so because we live far apart and life is a little too busy for our schedules to match up at good hours for phone calls. My husband doesn't care. He was a little taken aback by our closeness at the very first, but watching closely for a little bit helped him see that it really is just a brotherly/sisterly connection. We've been married almost 13 years, and he had that figured out in our first 2 weeks of dating.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My friend Austin is amazing and the only one who has respect for my marriage and I'm the only one who apparently respects his marriage. His wife is also someone I'm very close too and my hubby loves them as well. Can't wait for him to come home from Afghanastan
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• N0, I don't.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have several. And DH has several female friends. We married each other. We trust each other. And we only have friends who respect us and our happiness together. There are no jealousy issues. It doesn't bother me when one of his friends says she wishes she could find a guy just like him, and it doesn't bother him when one of my male friends points out to DH how lucky he is to have me.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Honestly...my man says he doesnt mind my male friends..but i know he does. MOST of my guy friends (not all) are X's...or guys that i did at one point hook up with or wanted too...so i can totally get why he is hesitant of my friendships with them...
    XxFade2BlackxX

Answer by XxFade2BlackxX at 2:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2011