9 mon old HELP

My DD will be 9 months thursday and all she wants to do is scream and cry for NO reason all the time and throw her self back into temper tantrums, i just want to cry PLEASE HELP

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you sure its a temper tantrum? Might it be gas? If its all the time perhaps she is gassy? Or she even might be teething. If she is gassy, try changing her bottle to a doctor brown bottle or a bottle with liners, or its not a food she might be eating, put her on the floor on her back and move her legs in a bycicle motion, this helps trapped gas and if she isnt gassy she will have fun at least . If she is teething get some teething rings and put it in the freezer and then give them to her. get some teething stuff from the store...the stuff to rub on her gums, heck even your finger after you wash your hand of course. Is she constipated? My son was constipated for awhile and just screamed until i gave him some apple juice to make him go. In the end if she is just throwing a temper trantum and you want to rip your hair out find a relief source someone you can trust to give you a break!!!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I have a nine month old too. ((((HUGS)))) Sometimes they just want you to be around, and the more we're frustrated, they can feed off of that and it makes them worse. On the days when I'm trying sooo hard to get stuff done, it seems my daughter is more irritable and cries, screams, doesn't let me get anything done, I get more frustrated, she gets more irritable. As soon as I just take a breather and sit down with her, let her climb on me, whatever, she is happier. Doesn't make it any better for you, I know, and there could be a whole host of reasons why your little one is giving such a fuss, but I feel for you!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Is there a reason for the fit? Is she doing when you tell her no? If so then I would just tell her sorry and go sit her in her room with some toys (kind of like a time out)
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• remember it is ok to take a small break!! Put her in a safe place, like her crib play some sooting music for her and step outside just for a minute or two to breathe! I did that with my son, i put him in his crib and went outside to release some tension. He was fine, i made sure he was safe, nothing was on that could hurt him and i stepped out for a minute and just jumped and screamed and cried after being up all night with a screaming baby. He was safe, i felt better and no one was worse for wear. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My daughter was colic, and what i thought to be "fussy' even after she was diagnosed with Acid Reflux and was prescribed Zantac (it worked VERY well). One method i used that truly helped is i read a book by Dr, Sears...all about "Attachment Parenting"..its a great technique and way to go about parenting. You may want to look into that..even the most "difficult" children have a calming point..i guarentee it.
    If you'r kid can see or feel how tense and stressed her tantrums are making you..it just makes it worse..trust me. Kids are kinda like dogs lol they can smell fear or weakness. You need to remain calm no matter how tough taht may be at that point..but if you can stay calm usually the child will follow
    XxFade2BlackxX

Answer by XxFade2BlackxX at 2:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If it is constant then she might need a checkup for ear infections, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• shes could be just at that age where all she wants is for you to sit with her. i know at that age both of mine where that way. there were days where i just couldnt get anything done because all they wanted was to cuddle and sit on my lap or on my hip. if you get more fustrated it just makes things worse babies know how mommy is feeling and they feed off of it. so just calm down and take a breather. if shes on you lap and still crying and doesnt seem to stop then she may just need a nap. nap patterns change as well and this is about the time that one might change. when my kids would cry for no reason and cuddling or sittin gon my lap didnt help i would just put them down for a nap. some days are just sleepy days or fussy days. good luck and try to stay calm and relaxed and dont worry about the dishes they arent going to go anywhere.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2011