iud and pregnancy??? part 2

i have two boys ages 5 and 6. i got my first iud after i had my 5 year old. i kepted it in for the full 5 years then had it removed and replaced with a new one. ive had the new one in for about 6 months now, but suddenly ive started "feeling" pregnant.. throwing up for no reason, pain in my stomach and very moody at times. i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative. im planning on getting an appointment to see my dr on monday, but i hate the waiting. ive heard bad things about people who have gotten pregnant with an iud in, and have either miscarried or had an eptopic pregnancy.. has anyone gotten pregnant with an iud and actually had a healthy baby? im scared.... any and all comments are appricated.

**part 2**

so this morning i woke up and was spotting.. mind you i dont get my period anymore since ive had my iud put in, so like 5 years since my last period, and this morning i woke up spotting.... what does that mean??

LuvingMyBoyz

Asked by LuvingMyBoyz at 3:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would re test for sure. But I have a friend who got pregnant on the Marena and is now 4 months along doing well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I heard that you can actually get preggo symptoms just from the IUD itself, this is according to my friend who had mirena. Ive never had one so i cant say based on expeirence. But she had told me through a previous discussion that she was so overwhelmed because she felt preggo but it was actually the mirena causing the symptoms. I could be wrong though, its always good to keep testing and get the opinion of your doctor because if you are pregnant its always good to remove it as soon as possible. But no worries though, ive heard of people getting preggo on an IUD and the baby being just fine. Im assuming the cases that you hear that its dangerous might be if women left it in their entire pregnancy. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I had an IUD placed in after my 3rd baby in 2008. I had it in for a year when i felt i was pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back negative. I went to my OB for an appt. and found out that i was, in fact pregnant. She removed the IUD and i ended up with a healthy baby boy 9 months later. The fact is that if it is still in place, it can be removed, but if they cant find it then it is left in and i heard it usually grows into the placenta and comes out during delivery. My sister is a labor/delivery nurse and has seen this happen. I was also told by my OB that the preg can end in a M/C, but mine didnt. It is good you are getting it checked out. Good Luck.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2011