would you allow your kid(s) dye their hair with wash out dye?

i put wierd colors in my hair, not much just chunks and usually with pink manic panic dye. while i was doing part of my hair last night my 3 yr old DD grabbed a handful of dye and put it on her hair, so i just went ahead and dyed the top layer of her hair so she now has dark pink high-lights in her strwberry blonde hair.(looks so cute) i left it in 5 mins so it will wash out fast, i did a chunk on her b4 and it was completly out of her hair within a month. pink is also my 3yr old fav color. my MIL had a fit about it, but i see no problem, it washes out and i think its good that she wants to be unique. i let my dd pick out her own clothes and some days she doesnt match very well, but feel that she needs to learn to be her ownself. my parents raised me that way, i chose my own clothes hair style ect, and i didnt feel the need to follow other people, i set my own standards and trends. and i didnt give into peer pressure when it came to drinking and drugs. and its because my parents told me from a young age tht i dont have to be like other ppl...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My first thought was "no way!" but the way you decribed it... well, that sounds kinda sweet. I guess I need to figure this out before my son comes home wanting to dye his hair black... or pink! :) Thanks for making me think!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't when they are that young, but maybe a teenager, but only for special occasions....not everyday(example: V-day...pink or red...and on and on)
    Anonymous

• I dont see any harm done! That little girl has to be proud of her mom for not being so tight edged about everything!
    I have a boy and pink hair at 2 on a little boy......is not gonna happen though :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No harm done with manic panic,, but be prepared momma, she is going to want more of it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I don't see the big deal. as long as the dye isn't harmful.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Yes, done it before and will probably do it again. We do them same thing, and she wandered around with pretty pink highlights for a few days. Was cute!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 3:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It is just hair and it grows out!

I think it is fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't because it would be discouraged at our preschool. I would get her those little chunks of hair that clip in - not dye.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't only because it would not be allowed at her preschool. Or any of the private schools we plan on sending her to through high school. So no point in getting her interested in something you won't be allowed to do.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I sprayed all of my kids hair green for St. Patricks day last year.....I dont think any of them would sit still for much more than a spray...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 3:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2011